Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kerrzy's Notebook: My Last Blog

Hey everyone – I’d just like to take a moment to thank you all for reading my blog over the past year and a half; it’s been a lot of fun to write and I hope you enjoyed hearing my opinions on the various topics covered in my little corner of the web.

Unfortunately, this will be the last page of Kerrzy’s Notebook.

There comes a time in every man’s life where he has to look at his situation and be honest with himself – and for me, that time has come. I feel like I’ve given all I have to give and I’ve got to say, as I texted some of my co-workers earlier today, “This is it.”

It’s hard to leave…you think you’re prepared for it. I know there have been comments and issues out there lately about why I’m leaving – Whether or not iNews880 did enough. Whether or not Syd and Primeau tried to convince me to stay – none of those things have anything to do with me retiring; and that’s from the heart.

I know I can blog…but I don’t think I want to, and that’s really what it comes down to. I’ve got no regrets. I blogged one way – the only way I knew how.

You know, now that I think about it, maybe I’m not done yet. About a minute ago, I got to thinking – maybe I still have what it takes. As for those text messages someone brought up earlier, I think that story was fabricated. I don’t even have any of my coworkers cell numbers.

Why would I stop blogging? Sure I’m 25, but I still feel like I can contribute at a high level. I mean, my mind still works, I still strongly dislike referees and the last time I checked I’ve still got an opinion…I think.

To be honest with you, I haven’t made up my mind yet about whether or not I’ll blog again. After my last blog…you know, once you get done a blog you have to sort of take time to sit back and reflect; you really have to listen to your body. For me, it’s about family. But here’s what it really boils down to: as long as I can still come up with ideas for things to blog about, I’ll probably be back for at least another blog…

Is this the last you’ve heard from me?

In short - Yes. I mean no…well, maybe. But probably. It depends though. Although, I think I’ll write again, maybe even tomorrow. It really could go either way I guess. But I’ll probably make a decision soon.

I think.

No comments: